21.9.11

Desperate Irfan keen to take help from Kapil

 Eager to make a comeback to Team India, Irfan Pathan  has expressed his desire to train under Kapil Dev and get a few tips from the 1983 World Cup winning skipper.Irfan is also looking forward to the forthcoming domestic season to prove his worth.
"It feels good to see that people are talking about me again. I have not been sitting idle and have realised now that spending time in the nets is far more important than a workout in the gym," Irfan, who is currently playing a tournament in Chandigarh, told television channel Aaj Tak. "I would also like to take help from Kapil Dev." Irfan was candid about his mistakes and said he is moving in the right direction to mend his faults. "Pace was never a problem for me, late swing was. My pace dropped after injury and I think that my action was also too mechanical."

"I try to go less to the gym now and bowl more in the nets," Irfan, who reached the 100- wicket landmark in 59 ODIs, said.
Kapil, meanwhile, has agreed to Pathan's request.
He said that he is always ready to help any youngster. "I will be more than happy to help him and am always available to my country's bowlers," he said. Irfan has not been part of the Test team since 2008 and last played an ODI in February, 2009 in Sri Lanka.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly also feels that Irfan has the talent to make a comeback.
"He has the talent but I think that Indian pacers are themselves responsible for their current state. If you want to play 15 years of international cricket, then fitness has to be the key. Coaches, trainers will help you out but they (bowlers) will have to work out in the ground and can't just sit at home and dream of a comeback," Ganguly said.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan